After receiving several complaints of corruption in transport authority, Delhi CM has asked the transport secretary to take remedial steps.
- The Chief Minister directed the transport commissioner to improve work atmosphere at the authority.
- In a bid to cut down the queues at the authority, CM Kejriwal asked the transport secretary to decentralise the fitness certification of three wheelers. He also directed the officers to explore the possibility of outsourcing certification process.
- Kejriwal advised the transport secretary to conduct weekly inspections of all the authorities in the city. He has also sought the submission of videos, comprising interactions with atleast 50 people during inspection, to the concerned ministry.
- The MLO of Burari Transport Authority has been asked to submit all the applications along with comprehensive brief stating the work processed on them in last 10 days.
- The Chief Minister also directed the officials to make the recharge facility for GPS sim card available across the city.