Uttar Pradesh/ Gang rape accused out on bail in Unnao burn victim, condition critical

Unnao: A 30-year-old woman was attacked, stabbed and set on fire early on Thursday by five men who she had accused of gangrape in Unnao district of Uttar Pradesh. Police said the woman was on her way to the railway station to catch an early morning train to Rae Bareli when she was waylaid by the accused, said the police.

The rape survivor was admitted to district hospital Unnao from where she has been shifted to Lucknow civil hospital.

In her statement to the police, the woman said the six men first hit her on the head and struck with a knife on the neck. As she fell, they splashed kerosene and set her on fire.

Some people who were nearby came to her rescue. The accused escaped the scene soon after. The locals told the police emergency number, Dial 112 and the police arrived at the site.

Vikrant Veer, the Unnao Superintendent of Police said two of the six men named by the victim have been picked up. Teams have been formed to arrest the remaining three.

In her statement given to the police at the hospital, the victim has said that she was going to Baiswara Bihar railway station around 4.30 am. At the Gaura crossing Hari Shankar Trivedi, Kishore, Shubham, Shivam, Umesh and two others accosted her.

According to the victim, the assailants earlier had raped her in March 2019 and she had filed an FIR.

Police said- the woman told the names of the accused in the statement:
SP Vikrant Veer said that the condition of the victim is critical. She has sustained 90% burn injuries. The woman has given the names of the accused in the statement. Police arrested accused Shubham Trivedi and his father Harishankar Trivedi. The 4 accused are absconding. Everyone’s call details are being investigated. Police said that Shubham and Shivam had been released on bail two days back in the gang-rape case. The rape case was registered on the order of the Rae Bareli court.

Gang-rape in December 2018, case was registered 4 months later:
In March this year, the woman lodged an FIR for gang-rape. The woman had told that she had a love affair with Shivam Trivedi, a resident of the village. Shivam took her to Rae Bareli and raped her and made a video. After this, he kept raping continuously. When she pressurized him for marriage, he took her to Rae Bareli and kept her in a room and held her captive. After this, on 12 December 2018, accused Shivam came with his partner Shubham Trivedi. Both took her to the temple on the pretext of getting married and gang-raped her. Bihar Police arrested the accused Shivam Trivedi and Shubham Trivedi on the orders of the court and sent them to jail.