New Delhi: Indian pacer Umesh Yadav picked up his 100th Test wicket by dismissing Afghanistan’s Rahmat Shah on Friday. He became the newest entrant to the 100 Test wickets club, joining the elite company of the likes of Anil Kumble and Kapil Dev.
The 30-year-old also became only the eighth Indian pacer to claim a century of wickets in Test cricket. He achieved this milestone in his 37th Test match. The Vidharbha bowler made his debut against West Indies in 2011 and has since featured in 36 Test matches for India.
Yadav became the 22nd Indian Test bowler to pick up 100 wickets, joining the company of Kapil Dev, who bagged 434 wickets in 131 Tests, alongside Zahir Khan who grabbed 311 in 92 Tests. Anil Kumble though, holds the record for most Test wickets by an Indian bowler, as he had 619 dismissals in 132 matches.
Following is the list of Indian pacers with 100 or more Test wickets to their name:
- Kapil Dev – 434 wickets in 131 Tests
- Zaheer Khan – 311 wickets in 92 Tests
- Javagal Srinath – 236 wickets in 67 Tests
- Ishant Sharma – 236* wickets in 82 Tests
- Mohammed Shami – 110 wickets in 30 Tests
- Karsan Ghavri – 109 wickets in 39 Tests
- Irfan Pathan – 100 wickets in 29 Tests
- Umesh Yadav – 100 wickets in 37 Tests