Bangarpet/Chikkamagaluru: During his last leg of campaign for the Karnataka polls, which is scheduled for May 12, PM Modi in his speeches at Bangarpet and Chikkamagaluru, attacked Rahul Gandi for his ‘prime ministerial ambition‘. He also targeted the Congress for ‘defaming’ institutions like Election Commission and other security agencies like CBI, NIA, and ED.
Here are the points that PM Modi touched upon during his speeches on Wednesday.
1. Amping up his attack on the Gandhi family, PM Modi said, ‘He (Rahul Gandhi) feels that the PM’s chair is reserved for one family’. He added that Gandhi thinks it as his ‘paitruk hak’ ancestral right.
2. PM Modi added that Rahul Gandhi does not bother about his party’s legacy or senior leaders. “From morning till evening….he has only thing in his mind and that is the prime minister’s chair”, Modi said. Modi’s attack on Gandhi at his rallies in Bangarpet and Chikkamagaluru came a day after the Congress president said he was ready to occupy the prime minister’s post.
3. The Prime Minister once again used the “Naamdaar” — one who makes his way by virtue of his name — a moniker he has used at multiple occasions to target the Congress president. He said that Gandhi doesn’t ‘have confidence in his alliance partners’ and that he doesn’t care about Congress’ internal democracy. After saying that Gandhi’s ‘arrogance’ has reached ‘cloud seven’, PM Modi asked the crowd,“ will the country ever accept such an immature ‘naamdar’ leader?”
4. On the seizure of thousands of alleged fake voter ID cards and a lakh Form-6 (voter registration form) applications for the inclusion and transfer of voters from a flat in Karnataka, Modi said, “Looking at defeat in front of them, as their tricks did not work, they have started a new game. He said that Congress is ‘shamelessly’ using undemocratic means and asked the voters to be alert till May 12 (day of voting)
5. About attempts to forge an anti-BJP front, Modi said “big, big meetings are happening, big, big stalwarts are meeting” to remove him from power, “but keeping them all in the dark Rahul Gandhi declared he will be the prime minister.”
6. In his rally at Chikkamagaluru, Modi said with great difficulty, the Congress had secured 40-odd Lok Sabha seats and lost elections in most of the states.”But look at their arrogance, it is on cloud seven. He (Rahul Gandhi) is coming here and claiming that he will become prime minister in 2019.“If this is not arrogance what it is?” he added
7. Modi also attacked the Congress for “defaming” institutions such as the CAG, CBI, NIA, ED, and RBI by calling them wrong, and saying only the Congress is right and trying to “break the morale” of the Army and security forces by raising questions about them.
8. PM Modi also added that in the last few elections “Congress is losing, and instead of accepting defeat by following democratic principles, they are lying by blaming EVMs”. He further said, “They have started defaming the EC after they started seeing defeat. For them, the EVM’s are wrong, the Congress right, the Election Commission wrong, the Congress right,”
9. ” The Congress is playing a dangerous game and I want to alert our citizens. The Congress’ former president (Sonia Gandhi) and son (Rahul Gandhi) from the time they got bail in Rs 5,000 crore scam (National Herald case), from then on they have started attacking the country’s judiciary,” Modi said.
10. Continuing his tirade against the Congress, he called it a “deal party.”Modi said during Manmohan Singh’s tenure as the prime minister, the remote control of the government was with Sonia Gandhi, but in the four years of his (NDA) rule, it was with the people.