Purlia: Overlooking restrictions on his chopper landing in West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanth on Tuesday upped the ante for the Lok Sabha campaign in the state by travelling to Purlia via roadways. While addressing the rally there, Aditynath attacked West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee and her party, Trinamool Congress, over several issues ranging from the CBI-Kolkata police tiff to ‘political violence’ in West Bengal.
Here is what Adityanth had to say at the rally:
- “Vivekananda had said ‘Garv se kaho hum Hindu hai’. Bengal contributed a lot to this country. It brought glory to India. It gave our national song. This is a corrupt and undemocratic regime”
- “I came by road. I saw so much poverty. Under Modi ji’s leadership, there has been so much development all over the country. But in Bengal nothing happened”
- “The Supreme Court today asked the Kolkata police commissioner to appear before CBI. Mamata took U-turn as soon as SC order came”
- “Mamata allows Muharram processions but not Durga Puja. This govt creates obstacles for Saraswati Puja and Janmashthami as well. This govt has been questioned many times by the high court on this issue”
- “Mamata is protecting a corrupt police officer accused in the Saradha chit fund scam. Throw this govt out. We won by such a huge margin in UP. There was no violence. Bengal is gripped by political violence”
- “There are several skeletons in the Trinamool cupboard, all of which will stumble out once BJP comes to power,” He said once BJP comes to power, ‘Trinamool goons’ will come on the streets with placards reading that they were criminals just as goons of SP and BSP have been reduced to in UP.
- Yogi said even today, his chopper wasn’t allowed to land in Purulia, due to which he had to take the road. Even Amit Shah was not allowed to hold rallies in Bengal, he said.
- “Country now has a leader who made India proud globally. Nothing can be more shameful for a democracy than a chief minister sitting on dharna”
No permission was granted by the state authorities for Yogi’s rally. It was reportedly conducted without any paperwork in order. Earlier in the day, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee lashed out at the BJP poster boy asking him to take care of Uttar Pradesh first.
Referring to the rising number of fake encounters and cop killings in Uttar Pradesh, Mamata said, “So many people have been killed, even police were murdered, so many people were lynched; he himself will lose if he contests elections. He doesn’t have a place to stand in UP, that’s why he is roaming around in Bengal”.
Earlier on Sunday, Yogi’s chopper was not allowed to land in the state to let him address two scheduled rallies.Adityanath addressed the rallies there telephonically and lashed out at the “anti-people” Trinamool Congress (TMC) government in the state, saying the days of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s rule are “numbered”.