New Delhi: BJP vs Congress fight in the Assembly elections 2018 is over. Moreover, differences between the potential CM candidates have been sorted out by the Congress chief Rahul Gandhi and we have Kamal Nath and Ashok Gehlot as the CMs of Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan respectively with Jyotiraditya Scindia and Sachin Pilot assuming the deputy positions.
But in this digital age, it is also intriguing to find how the two tentpole parties and the even the newly-appointed CMs and deputy CMs fared in comparison to each other on the internet.
Here are Google trend findings:
- In Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Chattisgarh, as per google trends data from November 28 to December 9, netizens searched Congress more than the ruling party BJP.
- The data also reveals that Sachin Pilot and Kamal Nath are the most searched leaders in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh respectively in a period of past seven days.
- In Rajasthan, Sachin Pilot stood out to be the most searched leader as compared to Ashok Gehlot and Vasundhara Raje in the state. Pilot scored 54 on google trends while Gehlot and Raje were on 8 and 11 respectively.
- In contrast to young leader’s popularity in Rajasthan, the Madhya Pradesh data highlights that the Congress Veteran Kamal Nath was the most searched leader as compared to existing CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan and his deputy Jyotiraditya Scindia in the state. Nath scored 33 on google trends while Chouhan and Scindia were on 21 and 18 respectively.
- While comparing search data of past 12 months comparing Narendra Modi and Rahul Gandhi, it can be seen that the Prime Minister has outnumbered the Congress chief by six times.