New Delhi: Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal on Monday launched the doorstep delivery of 41 essential government services for the residents of national capital.
Under the Plan, people in the capital will get delivery of various government services, including driving licence, marriage certificate and ration card, at the place of their choice from today (10 September 2018 ).
“We always heard of pizza being home-delivered, but now one can dial the government and the government will come home,” tweeted Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, calling his Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government’s scheme a “revolutionary, historic step”.
This development comes after a long wait and a tussle between the Aam Aadmi Party and the Lieutenant Governor – whom the party blamed for ‘stalling’ the Kejriwal-led government’s prime scheme.
However, a five-judge Constitution Bench had on July 4 laid down broad parameters for governance of the national capital, paving the way for the government to proceed with the scheme.
Here are the things you need to know about Delhi govt’s Doorstep Delivery scheme:
- In the first phase of the Delhi government’s scheme, 40 services will be provided for a nominal charge of Rs 50.
- VFS Global, one of the biggest visa and passport service providers in the world, has been given the contract to run the project for three years.
- VFS Global has set up a call centre and hired ‘mobile sahayaks’, who will go to households for collection of documents at the scheduled time; they will carry devices to collect biometric data from the people.
- For availing doorstep services, customers will have to dial a helpline number 1076 and place the request.
- The applicant can fix the date and time for mobile sahayaks to visit to their house to collect forms, documents and fees.
- Once the document sought by the customer is ready, it will be sent to their house/office via Speed Post.
- The service will be available from 9 am to 9 pm on all days, including Sundays.
- The fee to avail doorstep services can be paid using debit or credit cards.
- The status of application can be tracked online through unique IDs. SMS updates will be sent.
- The Aam Aadmi Party government plans to provide a total of 100 services for citizens at their doorstep.
List of services available
- Caste certificate
- Registration of marriage certificate
- Delhi family benefit certificate
- Duplicate registration certificate
- Learner’s licence
- Driver’s licence
- Change in name/address in driver’s licence or RC
- Old age pension scheme
- New water connection
- New sewer connection