- Rainfall records broken in Bhopal, maximum 14.61 cm rain on a single day (Monday) after 72 years
- Two gates of Bhadbhada, three gates of Kalisot dam and two of Kolar dam were opened
Bhopal: More than half a dozen people have died so far in the state due to the continuous rains in the last three days. The local weather centre has also warned of torrential (extremely heavy) rain in 8 districts of the state, very heavy rain in 8 districts and heavy rain in 16 districts. At the same time, in Bhopal two gates of Bhadbhada and three of Kaliasot dam and the gates of Kolar dam were opened.
In Bhopal, all the dams and water bodies including Upper Lake are full due to the continuous rains for the last three days. It is clouded here on Tuesday and the intermittent rains continue.
Many villagers got stranded in the Dhasan river in Chhatarpur. Rescue continues to save them. The case is of Kutora village in Bamnaura police station area of the district. Five people are still stranded. On Sunday, the shepherds of the village were grazing goats on the island, when they were surrounded by more water in the Dhasan river.
School holiday on Monday
Due to heavy rains, the district administration declared a holiday in schools and other educational institutions in Sehore, Raisen, Bhopal, Vidisha and some other districts on Monday. At the same time, four people died in Sehore district where their car fell into an overflowing nullah. Similarly, two people, who were in a car, have died when their car was swept away in the Banganga river in Seoni district. Their bodies have been found.
In 1947, there was 23.32 cm of rain on 2 September
Bhopal has been receiving continuous rains for 36 hours. This time many records were broken here. This season city received 14.61 cm of rain in one day in the month of September. This is the highest in one day after 72 years. This season the city has recorded a total of 148.31 cm of rain till Monday morning. From Sunday morning to Monday evening, in just 36 hours it rained as much as it should normally rain in the entire month of September.
Rainfall from 8.30 am Monday to 5.30 pm Monday
19 mm in Jabalpur, 21 in Guna, 29.8 in Bhopal, 20 in Indore, 20.3 in Rewa, 57.6 in Sidhi, 16 in Shajapur, 21 in Ujjain, 12.4 in Raisen, 19 in Damoh, 25 in Hoshangabad, 5.6 mm in Seoni and 18.2 mm rainfall has been recorded in Mandla.
Things worsened at these places due to heavy rain
- Due to incessant rains in the flood-hit Vidisha district, 5 to 6 feet of water is filled in a total of 15 localities at various places. Here the Betwa river is flowing 15 to 20 feet above the bridge.
- Raisen district has also lost road connectivity to Vidisha and Bhopal due to the rise of rivers and drains at various places. In many places, rivers are flowing up to 10 feet above the bridge.
- A youth named Sahil Patel (19) drowned while taking bath in Narmada on Gwarighat in Jabalpur district Monday evening. Even after the search continued till late at night, his body could not be recovered.
- In Sagar district too, due to heavy rains, the low-lying settlements are inundated. Here a child drowned in a drain of Garhkota.
- Due to release of water from the Bargi dam in Jabalpur, there is a flood in the Narmada river. Due to the backwaters of Narmada, villages in the Barwani district have become islands.