New Delhi: The mobile phone of the police inspector who was killed during Bulandshahr violence has been recovered from the house of main accused Prashant Natt, Uttar Pradesh police said on Sunday.
The investigation team searched the house of Prashant after the Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) court issued search warrant. A total of six mobile phones were recovered including the mobile phone of deceased police inspector Singh.
Bulandhshahr Senior Superintendent of Police Prabhakar Chaudhary confirmed the recovery made. While, the focus of SIT will now be to recover the pistol of Subodh Singh.
Prashant was arrested from Greater Noida after being named in the FIR, till now 36 people have been arrested in the case.
After Prashant Nutt was arrested last month, the Uttar Pradesh had said he confessed to shooting Subodh Kumar Singh. He and two other men who had snatched the officer’s revolver were identified from a cellphone video.
Another man, Kalua, who was with Prashant Nutt and is accused of attacking the inspector with an axe, chopping off a couple of his fingers and then inflicting a head wound, was arrested on January 1.
Thirty people were arrested by the police after the Uttar Pradesh government was criticised for its handling of the investigation into the mob violence and the killing. Yogesh Raj, a Bajrang Dal leader and the main accused in the December mob violence, was arrested on January 2.
Violence broke out in the Uttar Pradesh town on December 3 over alleged cow slaughter. Inspector Subodh Kumar Singh was chased, cornered in a field and shot dead by the mob of 400. A young man too was killed in the mob violence.
Three people who were arrested for the alleged cattle slaughter werecharged under the stringent National Security Act.