Washington: First lady of US, Melania Trump – during her solo trip to Africa this month – has indicated that she has been affected by “what people say about” her on social media.
On Thursday, ABC released a two and half minute video of the interview ‘Being Melania’ which is scheduled to be aired on upcoming Friday.
When Interviewer asked: “You are really the most bullied person in the world?” The first lady replied: “well one of them if you really see what people saying about me.”
- Similar encounters have led her to create an anti-bullying campaign “Be Best”, a public awareness campaign focusing on the well-being of youth and advocating against cyberbullying and drug use.
- She formally introduced the campaign on May 7, 2018. Following her speech in the White House Rose Garden, President Donald Trump signed a proclamation declaring May 7 “Be Best” day.
- Asked how bullying could affect children, including her son Barron, Trump said that is why her initiative is focused on social media and online behaviour.
- “We need to educate the children of social-emotional behaviour, so when they grow up, they know how to deal with those issues,” Trump said. “That’s very important.”
- In the promo of the upcoming interview, Melania is also seen talking about her equation with Donald Trump.
On being asked, whether she has “most control” over Donald Trump, Melania said, “ I gave my honest advice and honest opinions and then he does what he wants to do.”
The first also stated that she doesn’t trust some people in the white house working for Donald Trump and she lets him know about the same.