- The Kashi Mahakal Express, which left Varanasi on Sunday, reached Indore on Monday morning.
- The train was welcomed by singing bhajan at Indore railway station. A seat is reserved for Lord Shiva in this train.
Indore: The Kashi-Mahakal Express of IRCTC, which connects Kashi in Uttar Pradesh with Ujjain, Omkareshwar Jyotirlinga pilgrimage centers in Madhya Pradesh, reached Indore railway station on Monday morning. Seat number 64 in coach B5 of the train has been reserved for Baba Mahakal.
A temple has been built on the seat. This is the first time that a seat has been reserved for a god. The devotional music will be played on the train and there will be two private guards and five security personnel in each coach and only vegetarian food will be served. Devotees were welcomed by singing bhajans when the train reached Indore.
This train reached Indore via Lucknow, Kanpur, Bina, Bhopal, Ujjain. The train has a total of 1080 seats. The minimum fare is Rs 1629. This train will start for the general public from 20 February.
Will run on two routes three days a week: This train will run three days a week. There will be two routes. It will run two days a week on the Sultanpur-Lucknow route and one day a week on the Prayagraj route.
Prayagraj Route: Every Sunday will leave Varanasi at 3.15 pm and reach Indore at 9.40 am on Monday.
On the return journey, it will depart from Indore at 10.55 am on Monday and reach Varanasi at 5 am on Tuesday.
Will stop here: Ujjain, Sant Hirdaram Nagar, Bina, Jhansi, Kanpur, Allahabad
Sultanpur-Lucknow Route: Varanasi-Indore Kashi Mahakal Express will depart from Varanasi at 2.45 pm on every Tuesday and Thursday and reach Indore at 9.40 am on Wednesday and Friday respectively.
On the return journey, it will leave Indore at 10.55 am on Wednesday and Friday and reach Varanasi at 6 am on Thursday and Saturday respectively.
Will stop here: Ujjain, Sant Hirdaram Nagar, Bina, Jhansi, Kanpur and Sultanpur while coming and going.
The train will have these facilities
- Passengers will be able to relish Poha of Indore, Kachori of Kashi, Pudi-Bhaji and Aloobade of Bhopal in the train
- A 120-day advance booking can be done on the train
- After the chart is prepared and 5 minutes before the train starts, the seat will be booked from the reservation center at the station.
- Passenger will have insurance cover of 10 lakh rupees
- The seat number will be in the Braille script for visually challenged passengers
- Devotional music will be played on the train