- Omkareshwar Temple Act should be prepared soon, says CM Kamal Nath
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shri Kamal Nath has approved the action plan worth Rs. 156 crore prepared for the development of Omkareshwar. Nath was reviewing the Omkareshwar action plan at Mantralaya recently.
He directed that an Act should also be prepared at the earliest for the Omkareshwar Temple. A development action plan worth Rs. 300 crore has already been approved by the CM for the Mahakaleshwar Temple Complex in the past.
Kamal Nath said that only Madhya Pradesh has the honour to have two Jyotirlings out of the 12 Jyotirlings in the country. He said that our goal is to establish these sacred places as world tourism centres.
The Chief Minister directed to form a committee under the chairmanship of collector for laying the foundation stone of the scheme. This Committee will monitor the progress of the development work.
Omkareshwar Development Scheme
Under the Omkar Circuit Scheme, the scheme for the development Omkareshwar has been prepared along with the Mhakaal-Maheshwar as per the instructions of the Chief Minister.
Various works under the scheme include:
- Grand construction of entrance gate of Omkareshwar
- Conservation of the temple, prasad counter, development and beautification around the temple
- Shopping complex, jhulapul and retaining wall near Visarjan Kund
- Multi-story parking, approach road, beautification of parikrama path, shed construction, landscaping
- Library for books of the religious-mythological saga, development of Omkar Island
- Gomukh Ghat reconstruction, bhakt niwas and bhojanshala, old palace
- Restoration of Vishnu Mandir, Brahma Mandir, Chandreshwar Mandir, e-cycle and e-rickshaw facility
- Boating, traffic movement, bus stand, tourist facilitation centre besides other developmental works