Mangaluru: At a public rally on Saturday, Home Minister Rajnath Singh said that in the last five years, India has hit Pakistan three times.
However, he said that India has knowledge of two of those strikes but information on the third one would not be released to the people of the country.
“In the last five years, three time we have crossed the border and conducted successful strikes. I will provide information on two, but not the third. Once in Uri, our soldiers were killed by terrorists coming from Pakistan, then our soldiers had responded. Next was after Pulwama. The third one I will not disclose,” Rajnath Singh said at a rally in Mangaluru, a video of which has been shared by news agency ANI.
“India is not weak anymore”, he added as the crowd broke out into loud applause.
Singh’s statement could potentially trigger a political storm as the central government has so far claimed only two surgical strikes into Pakistan’s territory, one back in 2016 after the horrific Uri attack and the other last month post the dastardly Pulwama attack.
The Home Minister earlier this week launched a fresh attack on those criticising the Indian Air Force’s airstrike in Pakistan’s Balakot on February 26 and the legitimacy of the number of casualties and called the IAF strike “absolutely remarkable”.
“The way the IAF hit the terror camps is absolutely remarkable. But, there are a few people who are questioning it… I want to ask them, was it the duty of our pilots to land and then count the numbers to know how many were killed after the operation – 1,2,3,4,5?” he had said.