Guntur, Andhra Pradesh: In a fresh attack against Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said he had only replicated the Centre’s development programmes instead of his assurance of initiating new schemes for the poor in the state. Until last year, Naidu was an important ally of the Narendra Modi-led NDA government.
He said Naidu had not initiated any new programmes for the poor but was only putting his stamp on the NDA government’s development schemes.
On providing clean fuel in the country, Modi said while in 60 years, only 12 crore gas connections were given, the NDA government had given 13 crore gas connections in just four years.
Naidu ‘backstabbed’ father-in-law NTR
- During his adress PM Modi also accused Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu of betraying and backstabbing his father-in-law NT Ramarao (NTR).
- PM Modi said Chandrababu Naidu is only interested in the securing the future of his son. Modi said Naidu says he is his senior. “You are senior but in changing your political partners. You are senior in leaving one group and joining the other,” Modi said.
- The prime minister attacked Chandrababu Naidu saying that he is a man who betrayed his own father-in-law.
- “Aap senior hain apne khudh ke sasur ke peeth mein churra bhokne mein. Aap senior hain ek chunaav ke baad dusre chunaav mein haarne mein (You are senior in backstabbing your own father-in-law. You are senior in losing elections after elections).”
- He said before becoming the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh, Chandrababu Naidu had promised to ensure that the sun of Andhra will rise. “You promised that the sun of Andhra Pradesh will rise. But you [Naidu] have been busy ensuring the rise of your son.
This is Modi’s first visit to Andhra Pradesh after Chnadrababu Naidu snapped ties with the BJP and walked out of the NDA last year.
Meanwhile, Chandrababu Naidu has announced that he will take part in a protest against the BJP in New Delhi on Monday.
In an attack on Naidu, Modi said he is coming to Delhi on Monday to get his photos clicked. “Tomorrow Chandrababu Naidu will be in Delhi to get his photos clicked. He is going there with a grand bandwagon. But unlike the BJP which is spending its own resources on its supporters, Chandrababu Naidu is using the money of the Andhra Pradesh government to serve his political ends.”
On Saturday, Naidu had said that Sunday (February 10) will be “black day” for Andhra Pradesh because Narendra Modi will be visiting the state.
Many anti-Modi posters and hashtags have also gone viral on the social media to protest against his visit and rally today.
With the Lok Sabha elections just months away, the BJP and Naidu’s Telugu Desam Party (TDP) are likely to lock horns against each others more often.
Giving the protocol a go-by, none of the state ministers turned up at the Gannavaram airport to formally receive the prime minister.
BJP leaders alleged that people were “thwarted,” from reaching the venue in large numbers and said countdown would start for Naidu with Modi’s rally at Guntur.
Commenting on the black balloon protests against him by TDP workers, Modi quipped he welcomed it recalling the tradition of smearing black to ward off evil designs.