Hisar: The Haryana Staff Selection Commission (HSSC) is in the process of conducting an examination for recruitment to the posts of sweepers, gardeners, peons etc. in the Haryana government. The number of vacancies advertised was 18,218 and around 18 lakh applicants were received. The minimum qualification was matriculation.
The applicants are required to take an examination, to be conducted in three phases. The difficulty level of questions asked in the first phase of the examination, conducted on Tuesday, was so high that even postgraduates would have to scratch their heads to answer them.
- Which of these do not figure in the GST list: High speed diesel, ATF, Natural Gas, Crude Oil
- Which disease is caused by the Salmonella bacteria?
- Which of these conditions is necessary for the synthesis of Thyroxine?
- If a coin if flipped, what is the probability of it landing heads up?
- Who had written the first critical manifesto of Urdu poetry?
The applicants, obviously, are aghast. They don’t know how these questions are relevant to the tasks they are expected to perform and how they are expected to answer them.
NS Panghal, Director, Krishna Classes said “The questions were of postgraduate level. This is a joke.”
I have not seen the question paper, which is supplied in a sealed cover. I will be able to comment when I see it – Bharat Bhushan Bharati, chairman, HSSC