New Delhi: A Class 2 student of a New Delhi Municipal Council school, was allegedly raped by an electrician in the institute’s premises on Wednesday, police said on Friday. The school area where the incident happened did not have CCTV cameras.
On reaching home on Wednesday, the girl’s mother found her bleeding from private parts, and took her to a hospital where doctors informed them that she had been sexually assaulted.
Her parents approached police on Thursday, following which a case was registered under sections of the IPC and the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act, and the accused was arrested. He was sent to judicial custody on Friday.
The girl told counsellors that the accused had tried to pull her towards him on Tuesday, a day before the incident, but she pushed him and escaped his initial attempt. -Agencies
‘When will rapes and sexual abuse stop?’
- The Supreme Court on Friday expressed serious concern over recent cases of rape and sexual abuse of women, at shelter homes in Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, and asked when these horrific incidents would stop.
- The apex court’s observation came while hearing a matter relating to sexual abuse of children at orphanages.
- The court has posted the matter for hearing on August 21.
Union minister booked for raping 24-yr-old woman
- Assam Police have registered a case against Union minister of state for railways Rajen Gohain, for allegedly raping and threatening a 24-year-old woman in Nagaon district, a senior officer said on Friday.
- Nagaon deputy superintendent of police (headquarters) Sabita Das said the case was registered against Gohain on August 2 after receiving a complaint at Nagaon police station.
- ‘The complaint says that the alleged incident took place seven to eight months ago. Both Gohain and the woman knew each other for a long time and the Union minister used to visit her home,alt39 another senior official said.
- Asked if Gohain’s arrest is imminent, the police official said, ‘If required, arrest will happen only after the probe is complete.’