New Delhi: Police on Tuesday registered a First Information Report (FIR) against Delhi Bharatiya Janata Party chief Manoj Tiwari for illegally breaking the lock of a sealed house.
“An FIR has been registered against Manoj Tiwari on the complaint by Deputy Director MCD, North Zone in Gokulpuri police station,” Deputy Commissioner of Police Atul Kumar Thakur was quoted as saying by IANS.
The Supreme Court appointed monitoring committee has submitted the report in apex court on Tuesday in the case of Delhi BJP president Manoj Tiwari breaking the seal of a house in Gokulpur on Sunday.
Tiwari against ‘pick-and-choose’ sealing
#WATCH: Delhi BJP President Manoj Tiwari break sealed lock of a house in Gokalpur area of Delhi. He says 'If there are 1000 houses there then why was only one sealed? I oppose this pick and choose system so I broke the sealed lock.' (16.09.2018) pic.twitter.com/hMn6YlP3aG
— ANI (@ANI) September 17, 2018
- A video clip of Tiwari breaking a sealed lock of a house in an unauthorised colony during a Sunday visit to Gokulpuri went viral on social media.
- Tiwari had said on Sunday that with his action, he has started a movement against the ‘pick-and-choose’ sealing in the national capital.
- “I have broken the seal of a house in Gokulpuri and I will not stop here. I will go to every locality where illegal sealing is being done. I have taken a pledge; I will not tolerate any ‘pick and choose’ action. This (sealing) is facilitating corruption. Municipal officials are indulging in corruption in the name of sealing by the monitoring committee,” Tiwari said.
‘Breaking seal is an unlawful act’
- KJ Rao, monitoring committee member said the committee had sought a report on Monday as soon as the issue was highlighted. “We have forwarded the report to the Supreme Court on Tuesday,” he said.
- “Although sealing was not carried on our direction but breaking seal is an unlawful act,” he said further.
- A senior official from EDMC veterinary department, who was involved in the preliminary investigation, said that the house was sealed on Friday for running an illegal dairy.
- “But on Sunday, seal was broken and thus we lodged a complaint at Gokulpur police station attaching report and video. On Tuesday we sealed three other properties running illegal dairies and action is taken on the basis of complaints received by veterinary department.”