[dropcap]M[/dropcap]ahindra and Mahindra Ltd has launched its new vehicle The Marazzo, on Monday. It is the first product to be jointly engineered by MANA in Detroit and the Mahindra group’s research and development center, Mahindra Research Valley (MRV) in Chennai. Pininfarina, which Mahindra bought in December 2015, worked on the design in collaboration with Mahindra’s local design studio in Mumbai.
Here are some important specifications that you need to know:-
- Engine: 1.5-liter diesel
- Peak Power: 121 bhp
- Peak Torque: 300 Nm
- Fuel Economy: 17.6 kmpl
- Variants available: 4 (M2,M4,M6,M8)
- Seating space: 7 and 8 seats (for M2,M4,M6 models) and 8 seats (for M8 model)
- Engine power: 90.2kW or 121 HP
- Driver Information system (DIS): 10.66 cm Monochrome IBN Negative Screen and 10.66 cm Colour TFT Screen available.
- Colours available: 6 (Maroon, Purple, White, Silver, Black, Marine)
Marazzo has been launched in a rather competitive segment with Maruti Suzuki Ertiga already claiming to be India’s highest selling MPV and the all-time premium Toyota Innova present with its distinct mark in the minds of buyers. Tata Hexa also has a strong presence in the same segment, making things more difficult for the new Marazzo.
When it comes to pricing, the Mahindra Marazzo is strategically placed at an opening price of Rs 9.99 lakh. With an interior space that is almost same as that of Innova, the price is much cheaper, as the base model Innova Crysta starts at Rs 15.77 lakh.