Bhopal: Minister for Sports and Youth Welfare Jitu Patwari gave a message of Khelega Madhya Pradesh – Badhega Madhya Pradesh by taking part in rock climbing wall on the campus of Barkatullah University today. He congratulated para-swimmer Satendra Dahiya on receiving the National Award and extended best wishes.
Patwari honoured Suyash Kanojiya, representing the Indian football team in Indonesia. Vice Chancellor of Barkatullah University Dr. R.J. Rao and Commissioner Public Relations P. Narhari were present on the occasion.
New sports policy to promote sports talent: Patwari has said that it is a top priority of the state government to improve the financial condition of the state’s medal winners. He said that we are making every effort to make Madhya Pradesh the sports hub of the country. A new sports policy will be introduced soon to promote sports talent in the state. Along with this, sports courses will be compulsory to increase the importance of sports.
Medical and accident insurance for sportspersons: Patwari informed that now players of the state will get the benefit of medical and accident insurance.
5 percent reservation for sportspersons in government jobs: The Minister said that players are being deprived of jobs even after winning medals at the international and national level. He said that according to the Chief Minister’s strategy, arrangements are being made in the new sports policy to ensure 5 percent reservation to the players in government jobs.
Manifold hike in incentive: Patwari said that the amount of grants and prizes of talented sportspersons and sports associations have been increased manifold. It has been proposed to increase the amount of Rs 5000 being currently given to the medal-winning player at the national level to Rs one lakh. Earlier, a grant amount of Rs 50 thousand was given for state level event, which has been increased to Rs 2 lakh and the grant amount of Rs 2 lakh at the national level has been increased to Rs 10 lakh.
- An international level sports university will be established in Madhya Pradesh.
- To provide opportunities to rural sports talent, the Guru Nanak Dev Prantiya Olympics has been started at the development block, district and divisional level. Now the Under-16 Prantiya Olympics will also be started at the school level.
- Swimming Pool in Indore, Football Academy in Chhindwara and Volleyball Academy will be established in Narsinghpur.
- Sports infrastructure will be constructed in PPP mode. A sports complex is proposed to be built under the pilot project in Indore. After its success, sports infrastructure will be set up in Bhopal, Gwalior, Jabalpur and Ujjain.
- Indoor hall is under construction in Biaora, Rajgarh, Khilchipur, Sarangpur, Narsinghpur, Vidisha, Shivpuri, Pohri, Kolaras, Ashok Nagar and Pavai.
- Indoor hall is proposed in Chhindwara, Aagar-Malwa, Kalapipal, Narsinghpur, Hoshangabad, Betul, Khargone, Mandsaur, Morena, Guna and Damoh.
- Construction of three-storeyed indoor hall is in progress in T.T. Nagar Stadium.
- Rock Climbing Wall is proposed in T.T. Nagar Stadium.