- Opposing the visit of European Union MPs to Kashmir, Owaisi called them Naziists
- 23 MPs of EU on a two-day visit to Kashmir, on the opposition by Congress, BJP said- You too go, who has stopped
- EU parliaments meet panchs-sarpanchs, students, women and fruit growers in Srinagar
Srinagar: The 23-member European Union (EU) delegation is on a two-day visit to Kashmir after Article 370 was removed. On Wednesday, MPs held a shared press conference. One MP said that we have not come here to do politics. Have come to see the situation of Kashmir, which has been suffering from terrorism. Some people are calling us Naziists, but if we were like this then the public would not have chosen us. Earlier, AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi said that the union has not sent EU MPs, these people are Naziists.
- On Tuesday, 27 MPs were to go to Kashmir, but 4 returned from Delhi. These four are said to have demanded to meet the local people without security, which the government did not accept. Congress and PDP leaders protested the visit, calling it a violation of the special rights of the Indian Parliament and MPs.
- On the first day, EU MPs met Panch-sarpanches, students, women, traders and fruit growers in Srinagar. They went on a trek to Dal Lake. Army commanders informed them of the situation in Kashmir. Chief Secretary BVR Subramanian and DGP also briefed the MPs about the situation in the state.
EU MPs met Prime Minister Narendra Modi and National Security Advisor Ajit Doval on Monday. EU MP from Wales Nathan Gill had said that this is a better chance for the foreign delegation to go to Kashmir and take stock of the current situation.
‘We have nothing to hide, only to show’: BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said, “When Article 370 was removed, then some necessary steps were taken for peacekeeping. As soon as the situation became normal, all the restrictions were lifted. Now we have nothing to hide, only to show. If you want to go to Kashmir, then Congress leaders can also go by flight. Go to Gulmarg, visit Anantnag, take a walk, go for a walk. Who has stopped them? Kashmir has been opened to all tourists, domestic and foreign. In such a situation, there is no point in raising questions about the visit of foreign lawmakers.”
‘Govt is laying the red carpet for European MPs’: Earlier, Rahul Gandhi had tweeted that he was detained and sent back from Srinagar on the visit of Indian MPs to Kashmir. At the same time, the government is laying the red carpet for European MPs. Earlier, Congress Anand Sharma said in a statement that European MPs are going to Kashmir. They are being made aware of the entire situation. It is against the sovereignty of the Indian Parliament and is a violation of the special rights of Indian MPs.