New Delhi: Tech giant Apple on Wednesday launched three new iPhones with upgraded specifications and lots of significant changes. At the Apple event, the company announced support for dual-SIM on its new iPhones, which is its first-time foray into this segment.
Additionally, the company also introduced the next-generation Apple Watch with heart health diagnosis support. Let’s take a look at the top announcements made by Apple.
Apple Watch Series 4
- The latest iteration of Apple’s smartwatch not only comes with design refresh but also has lots of fitness-focused features. One of the most prominent functionality of the Apple’s new Watch Series 4 is its support for electrocardiograph. The company claimed that users can receive a heart rhythm classification within 30 seconds of its “Digital Crown”. “All recordings, their associated classifications and any noted symptoms are stored in the Health app in a PDF that can be shared with physicians,” it added.
- The smartwatch is powered by next-generation S4 chip with a custom 64-bit dual-core processor. The device is available in two sizes – 40mm and 44mm. The speaker is now said to be 50% louder and optimised for phone calls, Siri and Walkie-Talkie feature. Apple has also shifted the microphone to reduce echo for better sound quality.
- Running on all new watchOS 5, Apple Watch Series 4 is available in GPS and GPS + Cellular models. The two models will be up for pre-order starting September 14. There’s no word on the India availability of the new Apple Watch Series 4.
Apple iPhone XR
- The low-cost model iPhone XR sports a 6.1-inch LCD screen (with Liquid Retina Display) and is available in as many as six colour variants. Powered by A11 Bionic chip, Apple iPhone XR comes with notch on the front with FaceID support.
- The smartphone features a 12-megapixel f/1.8 aperture wide-angle lens on the back. It supports dual-SIM (nano + digital e-SIM).
- Apple iPhone XR will be available in 64GB, 128GB and 256GB models in white, black, blue, yellow, coral and (PRODUCT)RED starting at Rs 76,900. The phone will go up for pre-order on October 19. Sales begin on October 26. The base model of iPhone XR is priced at Rs 76,900.
Apple iPhone XS, XS Max
- Apple’s premium iPhone XS and XS Max come with similar set of specifications except for different screen sizes. Apple iPhone XS has a 5.8-inch OLED display whereas iPhone XS Max comes with 6.5-inch OLED panel. Both the phones have notch housing true-depth sensor that enables FaceID and Animoji.
- Powered by A12 Bionic processor, Apple iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max have dual 12-megapixel cameras with optical image stabilisation and 2X optical zoom. The two phones come with IP68 certification for water and dust resistance. Apple’s iPhone XS and XS Max also support dual-SIM connectivity.
- iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max will be available in 64GB, 256GB and 512GB versions in space grey, silver and a new gold finish starting at Rs 99,900 and Rs 109,900, respectively. The two phones will be available in India starting September 28.