Anurag Kashyap buries his past differences with Vikas Bahl after he gets a clean chit in #MeToo scandal

After getting a clean chit in #MeToo case, people who had broken friendship with Vikas Bahl have started patching up with him. A beginning has been made by Anurag Kashyap. Anurag confirmed it in a conversation.

Anurag said, ‘There is forget and forgive in my dictionary. I do not keep malice towards anyone. There is nothing against anyone in my mind.”

It may be recalled that the two had a fall-out when Bahl’s name had come up in the #MeToo scandal with sexual allegations made against him last year (October, 2018). This had even led to the dissolving of their production house, Phantom Films, of which they were co-founders.

Now, an insider tells us that the two have buried their past differences. Anurag has been helping the director with the editing of his upcoming film.

The source says, “The film has already been delayed and now the makers are keen to not delay it any more. While Hrithik has been helping a lot with the editing too, Bahl is glad that Anurag has stepped in for the final edit of the film which is slated for a July 26 release.”

It will be interesting to see if the two also work together on any other project besides, Super 30.

Vikas Bahl, who was accused of sexual harassment by an employee of Phantom Films, has been cleared of all charges following an internal inquiry by Reliance Entertainment.

Vikas Bahl has been reinstated as the director of Super 30, and will now be given the credit in Hrithik Roshan-starrer.

Reliance Entertainment, which had 50 per cent stake in Phantom Films, has given a clean chit to the filmmaker in the sexual misconduct charges.

This will enable Vikas’s return to Super 30 as director, and his name will be incorporated in the credit when the trailer of the film is released next week.

It was in October 2018 that a woman crew member of Phantom Films had accused Vikas Bahl of sexual misconduct. She had alleged that the Queen director had sexually harassed her during the promotional tour of the film, Bombay Velvet in 2015.

After the public furore, Anurag Kashyap, Vikramaditya Motwane and Madhu Mantena announced the dissolution of Phantom Films.

(Story by Amit Karn)