Los Angeles: Akshay Kumar has emerged as the seventh highest-paid actor in the world by earning $40.5 million between June 1, 2017 and June 1, 2018, according to Forbes magazine.
He is closely followed by Salman Khan, who raked in $38.5 million, in the ninth place. Kumar and Khan are the only two Bollywood actors in the top 10 highest-paid actors list.
Hollywood star George Clooney, who earned $239 million, tops the list.
Together, the world’s 10 highest-paid actors tallied $748.5 million, before fees and taxes.
The world’s highest-paid actresses, in contrast, earned a cumulative of $186 million in the same period.
The world’s highest-paid actors
- George Clooney $239 million
- Dwayne Johnson $124 million
- Robert Downey Jr $81 million
- Chris Hemsworth $64.5 million
- Jackie Chan $45.5 million
- Will Smith $42 million
- Akshay Kumar $40.5 million
- Adam Sandler $39.5 million
- Salman Khan $38.5 million
- Chris Evans $34 million