Indore: Indore Police have nabbed a Mumbai-based youth, Mangesh Jatale, 30, for calling up the Rashtrapati Bhavan, the Prime Minister’s house and Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan’s Indore residence and harassing and threatening the staff members.
According to sources, Mangesh from Santa Cruz in Mumbai, used to call up the landline numbers at the residences of VIPs to enquire about the weather. He used to ask the staff members attending the calls how they were and then used to laugh derisively before hanging up. .
DIG Harinarayanchari Mishra said that a formal complaint was received from Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan’s office a few days back. It said that a person, in an inebriated state, had been calling up to find out how the weather in the city was after enquiring about the well-being of the staff members.
For the past 3 months, Mangesh was calling VVIPs
- According to initial probe, Mangesh failed to get benefits from govt schemes and then started harassing the staff deputed at VVIPs’ residences
- Police have recovered 4 SIM cards from Mangesh and it was found that he had been calling VVIPs’ residences for the past three months
- Mangesh used to procure the numbers from the government websites and from a government diary. One such diary was recovered from the accused
- After receiving a complaint from Speaker’s Indore residence, the police traced the number used to place the calls and began the probe
- According to the Indore Police, he is a habitual offender. He was jailed for creating ruckus at Mumbai secretariat in the past