Bhopal/Betul: A minor rape victim allegedly committed suicide by consuming pesticide at her house in Betul district. She died during treatment at Betul district hospital, though her dying declaration could not be recorded by the police.
The incident took place at Jhallar town. The victim, 17, was cleaning utensils outside her house on Tuesday evening when two youths, including one Praveen Rathore, a resident of the same village, kidnapped her and took her to the forest.
While Rathore raped the girl, his friend captured the crime on video. The accused later left the girl and threatened her that they would make the video viral if she complained to anyone about the incident.
The girl returned home on Wednesday morning and consumed petrol, as well as pesticide. She was rushed to a nearby government hospital and was referred to Betul district hospital from there.
In-charge of Jhallar police station, Nepal Singh, said as the condition of victim was very serious, her statement could not be recorded. He added that statements of the deceased’s family members are yet to be recorded.
16-year-old raped in Bhopal
- She approached Gandhi Nagar police later on Tuesday and lodged a complaint.
- Two persons allegedly barged into a house of a 16-year-old in Gandhi Nagar during the wee hours on Tuesday, after which one of them raped her.
- While Keshu smothered her cousin’s face with a pillow and assaulted him, Om raped her, she told police.
- The police said that a case has been registered and investigation is on. The accused are at large.
- The survivor told police that Keshu and Om, who live in her locality, barged into her house at around 3am.