Srinagar: Former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) president Mehbooba Mufti on Friday said the BJP-led central government would end up creating more militants like Syed Salahuddin and Yasin Malik if her party was split to form government in the state.
“All of us know there can be no horse trading unless Delhi (the Centre) wants it. If Delhi tries to break my party, they will be repeating what was done here in 1987,” Mufti said.
Upping the ante at former chief minister Mehbooba Mufti over her threat of renewal of militancy if the Centre tries to break Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), National Conference (NC), vice- president Omar Abdullah said she seems to have forgotten that militancy in Kashmir has already been reborn under her most able administration.
Mufti said: “There are differences in every party and these can be sorted out within the party.” Her predecessor and National Conference leader Omar Abdullah mocked at Mufti’s warning.
￼ Don’t try to break my party, all you will end up doing is create more Salahuddins (Chief of Hizbul who fought elections in 1987) and Yasin Maliks (JKLF chief who was Salahuddin’s poll agent then) -Mehbooba Mufti
J&K Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) president, Mehbooba Mufti offers floral tribute to the 1931 martyrs, in Srinagar on Friday.
Shatrughan meets Mehbooba
- Seeking to put the BJP into a tight spot, rebel BJP leader Shatrughan Sinha said he met Mehbooba Mufti in Srinagar and went onto say that for him ‘once a friend is always a friend’.
- Making a veiled attack on Modi govt, he said: “Today we remember with an attitude of gratitude Atal Behari Vajpayeeji and need to preach Kashmiriat, Insaniyaat & Jamuriat.”
Mufti exposed, says Union minister Naqvi
- Mehbooba Mufti has exposed her proximity with separatists by warning that if her party was split it would create more militants in the state.
- Union minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said Mufti was trying to give oxygen to terrorists. Knowing or unknowingly she has exposed her proximity to separatists.
PDP rebels criticise Mehbooba
- Five rebel PDP legislators accused party president Mehbooba Mufti of putting them and their families at risk by claiming that the internal rumblings in the party done at the behest of Delhi.
- The rebels also said they consider the accession of J&K with India as final.