Bollywood

#MeToo: Harassment allegations against Vikas Bahl to delay ‘Super 30’ release?

So far, the film has been scheduled to be released on January 25, 2019.

Hrithik Roshan-starrer Super 30, which has been inspired from the life of mathematician Anand Kumar, has been in news due to sexual harassment allegations on director Vikas Bahl. Due to this, the film might also get delayed, a source said.

Recently, Phantom Films co-founders Anurag Kashyap, Vikramaditya Motwane and Madhu Mantena decided to dissolve the production house after failing to take any action against their colleague Bahl in a case of sexual assault in the workplace for two years.

After a Phantom employee accused Bahl of sexual harassment, Queen actress Kanagna Ranaut and her co-star too revealed that the director would try to get close to them during the shoot of their film.

After all these incidents came to light, Hrithik too issued a statement condemning such acts.

“Since the shoot of the film is almost over they cannot remove Vikas from the film and there will be legal issues if they decide not to give him credit. At the same time, they do not want their film to suffer as the #MeToo movement is gaining momentum in India. Keeping him away from promotions is the only option. However, the decision has not been made and the makers are still discussing how to deal with this situation. So, there is a possibility that the film might get delayed because of all this,” a source said.

However, a unit member denied the buzz and said, “As of now, we are planning to release the film as scheduled. We have not been informed about any delay in release as of now. ”

So far, the film has been scheduled to be released on January 25, 2019.

RELATED ITEMS:
Show More